Saturday, January 19, 2008

Winter Hack

Today I went for a hack out in the woods with two barn buddies (Anne and Christine). We had a great time – galloping, jumping creeks and fallen trees. Anne did the whole hack bareback and in a halter!! She said her secret to staying on is her horse’s really long mane. I saw her horse fly over the creek at a gallop and I thought for sure she would be in the snow bank but she stayed on - she is a wild woman! Good on you Anne!

We always spot deer when we are out but today we found a deer carcass that some crows were going crazy over. Sometimes it feels like we are in the wild west.


Christine and her gorgeous 3yr old mare.


Anne on Sissi bareback with no bridle!


Secret being silly!


We passed the bison farm where the furry fellas were having a bit of a sleep


Secret deserved a treaty after all that – he is such a good boy!

8 comments:

ae said...

Hi Emma,

absolutely beautiful pictures! Over here I´ll never get a hack with snow like that!

Love your blog image... I´m going to explore.

Greetings from Portugal

sue said...

Hello Emma... I'm Sue (sweetgrass farm)... saw that you checked out my blog, so I popped over onto yours!!!! talk about beautiful horses!!!! you got them yourself... nice to "find other horse" folks on this here computer... check back, and I will do the same!!!!

sue said...

PS.. you mentioned "Funny Farm" on an older blog... that is ONE of my most favorite movies too!!!!! small world, eh?

withlove said...

awww Emma! looks like so much fun. Those are awesome pictures, I love the one of you giving secret a tasty treat : )

Anonymous said...

i couldn't say that i like horses because that wouldn't really be accurate enough. it's more that i'm in love with horses, actually i'm obsessed with horses.

naayyy

Wayne Jones said...

Hi There, like the winter shots pictures look great!

Looks like fun!

Wayne

Wayne Jones said...

Hi Emma,

More of my blogs to look at should you wish.

http://equineview.blogspot.com/

http://waynehorsepictures.blogspot.com/

http://tailsfromaliveryyard.blogspot.com/

Also checkout.

www.voicesforhorses.co.uk


Kind Regards

Wayne

Suzie said...

It looks cold!!! Can't imagine snow like that - we only get the odd little drizzle that turns to slush.
Thanks for commenting on my blog - I hadn't come across yours before, but your horse is gorgeous.