Thursday, January 3, 2008

Horse + Image = :)




I came across these amazing album photos of Shara Worden of My Brightest Diamond and was drawn to them for obvious reasons.

It is hard for me to have an objective opinion but I think the image of a horse is captivating. I think a horse image creates a magical component in any drawing or photo and lifts the spirit. Is it just me or does everyone feel this when they see a horse? I certainly don’t feel it when I see a cow (no offence to cow lovers) but I wonder if only horse lovers become moved by the image of a horse or if all people have a certain affinity to them.

Shara Worden
http://www.mybrightestdiamond.com/

3 comments:

Dan's Pen said...

I too feel a strong attachment to horsey horseys, however I don't think that a horse creates the magical component in a drawing or photo, I feel that Unicorns add the magical factor.

Did you know that sailors, waaay back when, would find the horns of narhwals, and bring them back claiming that they were the horns of unicorns and sell them?

Everyone knows you can't get a Unicorns horn, they're magically protected. If there's anything I've gained from reading this post, it's that Horses have some magic, so do Narwhals, and the most magical and beautiful of them all is the Unicorn... next to Leprichauns of course.

http://www.lynescreations.com/unicorn.htm

Natascha Rosenberg said...

Thank you Emma for your comment on my blog! I wish you a happy new year too!
What a beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.