Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thicket - an underused word


Blue Thicket 1974
Original Woodblock Print on Silver Leaf
by: Joichi Hoshi

So here it is my first blog! It is an early Christmas pressie to myself.

I am not sure how I thought of the name. I don't think I have ever used the word thicket in my vocab ever! Since rediscovering it and spreading the word about my blog I have been asked what a thicket is. I think it is a crazy bushy area that may even be a bit prickly in spots. My Mother asked "what were you doing in the thicket?" well that isn't the point but I think the blog name is a metaphor for a creative spot.

I hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

Dan's Pen said...

i like the word thicket, and will most likely read this blog every day at work. thanks. please let me know when i start to comment too much and get annoying.

Florence Knapp (Flossie Teacakes) said...

I love your name choice...but even more your random reasons for it, which make it perfect!

Very envious of your ice-skating adventures, which look completely magical.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Florence x

allhorsestuff said...

Yes..lets get into the thicket...as much as out!