Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rolex Kentucky 3 Day

We have had such nice riding weather the past few days. It has been sunny and great for hacking. I snapped this pic the other morning. It is of a small farm I pass on the way to the barn.

Well it has been great weather but Secret has been spooking at everything and I actually fell off on Saturday. He is so agile that his spooks can be so fast and dirty that I knew it was only a matter of time before he caught me off guard. The sideways spook he did propelled me off the saddle and I landed on my two feet. I was pretty happy about that because I had a bad concussion last autumn and I don’t have time for another one. Here is the little devil himself...but with a face like that I can't stay mad for long.

So many barn activities are on the go but the most exciting one is that a couple of us our going to watch the Rolex Kentucky 3 Day in April. WOOOOT WOOT!!! I am so excited. We had a Kentucky trip meeting Friday night and it is going to be a blast. It looks like we are going to get to attend the red and white party for the Canadian's and do a x-country course walk with two time olympian and Canadian three day event team coach Peter Gray. As the itinerary becomes more detailed I will tell you more.

11 comments:

20 meter circle of life said...

lucky ducky you are. I think your pony may have spring fever :) its running rampant here in Oregon. Take bizillions of pics at Rolex. If you see a vendor called "gallops" stop in those women are wonderful. The baby doxies say woof to you

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Landed on your feet, huh? That's a pretty good trick. Can you teach me that one? Thanks for adding me to your blog list.

Wayne Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

glad you are ok!!! oh my!

call me : )

Rising Rainbow said...

Sorry to hear the horse is spooking a lot, that's not good. Landing on your feet after that is quite a trick.

Sounds like a great trip you have planned. I'd like to do that a least once in my life.

Wayne Jones said...

Spring is in the air, our little spitfire just wants to play. As for your horse spooking at everything exactly the same with 'Sevi'he can turn so fast. Glad my 18hand is kind & gentle, mind he can have his moments.
Wayne :0)

Thanks for adding my links to your blog list.

Unknown said...

Ahhhh! I's good you're ok! Horseback riding is such an extreme sport!

I never knew Rolex sponsored events (I guess it really isn't that surprising or anything) -- sounds fancy!

Katie said...

OMG i am so jealous! I would love to go to Kentucky! My friend competed at some pony club show jumping thing last year. I was green with envy. Love your blog btw, Secret seems like such a sweetie!

Katie said...

whopz i meant to say he competed at some pony club show jumping thing AT kentucky.

photogchic said...

Great shot from your drive out to the barn. I never get tired of the sight seeing on the way out to my barn. Your upcoming trip sounds fantastic...lucky you:-)

learninghorses said...

You know, we never practice falling off of our horses. I think if we did that, we would be much better off when our horses are being attacked by killer snow banks, lions dressed in sheep clothing (or just sheep) or the clock that has been ticking rythmically for the last 2 years.